Any calm, content life can turn into a nightmare if a physical illness or an emotional pain comes your way. Issues such as depression related or unrelated to physical well-being can consume all of the joy out of life. Maybe that dream of running a marathon is beginning to fade because “it just seems too hard” and some are becoming discouraged. Sadness, fear and apathy can chip away at overall health. At Health Psychology of San Diego, I believe that nipping these problems in the bud is the first course of action. It is my duty, my responsibility to ensure that people have the opportunity to create a fulfilling and rewarding life. Health Psychology of San Diego is the place to begin the journey.
Areas of concentration include:
- Grief and Loss
- Depression, Schizophrenia, Anxiety, Bipolar Illness
- Coping with medication related problems (Side Effects to Non Compliance)
- Chronic Illness (full spectrum from Hypertension, Diabetes to Cancer and MS)
- Stress Reactions (Related to Diagnosis, Surgery, Pregnancy, or Multiple Procedures)
Health Psychology of San Diego commits to assisting people understand how biological, cultural, environmental, and psychological factors affect physical and/or emotional health. I encourage people to take an active role in making health care decisions and develop new ways of managing your life. Health Psychology of San Diego focuses on ensuring peoples’ overall well-being. I take into account the physical, emotional, and psychological factors that affect all areas of life. The approach is positive in nature and focuses on health, wellness and prevention, despite any roadblocks that may be in the way.
By visiting Health Psychology of San Diego you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn how to manage a wide range of emotions including stress, sadness, grief, and pain.
- Find solutions for treating and coping with physical illnesses.
- Become proactive about making critical decisions concerning your illness
- Learn empowerment techniques that will enable you to feel in charge of life
- Develop healthy lifestyle habits that support the attainment of goals.
- Develop different coping skills in relation to physical and emotional well-being.
- Explore all possible ways to prevent further complications.
My goal is to provide individual and family counseling using biological, psychological, and social approaches which includes: cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing and humanistic treatment methods. The philosophy is positive in makeup (not the expected Dis-ease medical model), meaning I work with you at your level and focus on positive changes to achieve goals. It does not matter whether the goal is running a marathon, coping with a chronic illness, acute recovery from a serious illness or managing a disability.
I am Cheryl MacDonald. I have been a Licensed Clinical Psychologist for over fifteen years and Registered Nurse for over thirty. I serve the residents of San Diego and Orange County, California.
- Enjoying life is possible even you have a physical illness
- You can learn new ways of coping with symptoms
- I will assist in communicating with current health care providers
- I will encourage people to become proactive in treatment
- People will learn ways to manage stress, sadness, grief, and pain
- I will help people prevent further complications related to lifestyle
- People will gain a sense of physical and psychological well-being
Schedule a visit with Health Psychology of San Diego and get into the driver’s seat. Embrace the real chance to make positive changes in your life. Health Psychology for Everyday Life, the book.
To ask a question schedule an appointment, seminar or lecture go here
or feel free to call 1 669-200-6033
Cover Image CanStockPhotos|samum